STAGE 3A – DEV JAVA – FULLSTACK ANGULAR AND JAVA ENGINEER H/F
Murex is a global fintech leader in trading, risk management and processing solutions for capital markets.
Operating from our 19 offices, 2700 Murexians from over 60 different nationalities ensure the development, implementation and support of our platform which is used by banks, asset managers, corporations and utilities, across the world.
Join Murex and work on the challenges of an industry at the forefront of innovation and thrive in a people-centric environment.
You’ll be part of one global team where you can learn fast and stay true to yourself.
Description of the team/department
The back office or Operations domain in a bank is responsible for managing the life-cycle of business objects, such as contracts after they are booked by the Front Office domain. The One Stop Processing (OSP) module allows these users to monitor, investigate, and execute manual tasks (that cannot or should not be automated) required for the business activity of their organization. It allows users to search, analyze and validate items from a real-time refreshed screen, in addition to performing financial and non-financial events on the items.
The internship will take place in the team responsible for the OSP, the real-time exception management application of the MX.3 platform.
The OSP application provides a modern solution to allowing workflows that require interacting with other client-side and server-side applications. The OSP client has a detailed user interface to allow the end users to perform many complex actions. Additionally, the OSP provides configurators with dedicated screens to customize the layout and the way data is visualized to the end users.
In recent years, the need for more web based and web client applications has greatly risen. There has been a drive to provide web clients to customers, and leverage web technologies such as Angular to build these new web clients.
The objective of this internship will be to transform existing dedicated desktop screens built for the OSP into Angular based screens. This will require learning the core parts of the current OSP client and server applications by studying existing screens and client – server interactions. Additionally, new Spring REST services will need to be built to interact with the new Angular screens and transmit data from the server to the client.
- A study on the OSP server and client architecture
- Learning about Murex support for Angular application and current frameworks
- Creating server-side Spring REST applications to transmit data to the new screens.
- Proposing designs and solutions to migrate existing desktop screens to new Angular screens.
- Implementing the proposed Angular based screens
Student in the last year of an Engineering/Computer Science degree or Master's degree.
« mandatory » skills :
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Good knowledge of Angular and Java
- Interest in software engineering issues (“clean code”, resilience, operability, continuous integration, etc.)
- Autonomy, curiosity, and capacity for innovation
- Interested in both front end and back end development
- Fluent English
« nice to have » skills :
- Ability to work in an agile and highly collaborative environment
- Compilation, algorithmic and concurrency knowledge will be appreciated
- Knowledge on Spring and on the REST standards
- Knowledge on Java Swing
Duration : 6 months from February or March 2024